What should you expect from your recruiter?
If you’re actively seeking a new role or are a passive job seeker just want to see what’s out there, you may have posted your resume on one (or more) of the many online job boards out there. If that’s the case, it’s probably safe to assume that you’ve been contacted by a recruiter for a “great opportunity” — one that you “cannot pass up” only to read the job description and realize it’s not something you even remotely want to do.
When it comes to working with a recruiter, experiences like this can leave a bad taste in your mouth. You leave the interaction thinking that a recruiter couldn’t possibly have any idea what your background and experience might be suited for, or what direction you are heading professionally.
If you haven’t heard from a recruiter, you may have had the equally frustrating experience of submitting your resume to a job you’re qualified for only to be met with never ending silence. As if your resume and cover letter just disappeared into a void—all your hard work with it.
If any of this sounds familiar, know you’re not alone. There has got to be a better way, right? We’re here to tell you there is. The recruiters at Horizontal Talent will positively change the way you feel about job hunting, and have already done it for thousands of consultants worldwide.
Horizontal was founded in 2003 by people who’d been in the industry for a while and knew there was a better way to work. Horizontal Talent has been steadily growing ever since, successfully placing candidates in IT, Digital, and Creative roles at some of the world’s top companies.
So, what can you expect from one of Horizontal Talent’s recruiters?
Your recruiter will…
- be highly experienced and knowledgeable in their domain. Our recruiters specialize within areas of expertise and what it takes for consultants to be successful in their roles.
- actually READ your resume, offer advice, and take the time to get to know you and what’s important to you in your job search. We know engagement must happen long before we submit you for a role, and we’re committed to fostering that relationship.
- be prompt in their communications because having a sense of urgency is embedded in our cultural values; we understand that time is one of the most precious commodities in life. This is especially important as our clients look to fill roles quickly. We will ensure you don’t miss out.
- provide you with relevant job opportunities and work diligently on your behalf. They will be another “set of eyes” looking out for you in your job search.
- educate you about our client’s brand and culture to ensure there is alignment with your expectations.
- guide you through the interview process and help you successfully navigate through offer negotiations. We know our client’s expectations and will work to make sure you’re successful.
Once you have accepted a role, you can expect an extremely smooth on-boarding process. We’re not here to waste your time. We are here to help you be successful. Along with a dedicated Consultant Advocate, your recruiter will support you throughout the duration of your contract and be an ongoing resource for you.
Finally, you can expect your recruiter and the entire team at Horizontal to CARE. We know you have a choice who to work with and we want it to be us.
Horizontal has consistently been recognized as one of the fastest-growing staffing agencies in the U.S. and for good reason: We work hard, we value our employees, we know how to match our consultant’s talents with our client’s needs and we create positive long-lasting partnerships built on trust and respect. At our core, we value mutual successes and positivity, we demonstrate strong character in everything we do, and understand that as a team (and with our partners and consultants), we can accomplish more than just one person alone.
Check out our job posting page on our website and if something sparks your interest, apply. What have you got to lose? Just click here.
If your skill sets and background are a match, a recruiter will be in touch with you quickly and you can see first-hand how we help make what can be a stressful and painful process much more productive and enjoyable.